Some facts about Chabad of Midtown’s Sukkah:
– This Sukkah has architectural plans approved and signed off by the New York Department of Buildings every year.
– Our Sukkah is equidistant between Times Square and Grand Central Terminal; Two blocks in either direction
– Our Sukkah is equidistant between the Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center; Seven blocks in each direction
– We are celebrating 20 years of Sukkot in Bryant Park!
– We used REAL FRAGRANT CEDAR SCHACH atop the Sukkah, as opposed to bamboo or other dry plants, even though it’s more expensive and harder to install. Because it’s old-school, it smells heavenly, looks lush and more like the traditional Sukkahs of our past
-In the Chabad Lubavitch Tradition, we use only natural greenery to decorate our sukkah – nothing man made. Sorry, no paper chains!