(lubavitch.com) Earlier this week, Dnepropetrovsk’s Jewish community celebrated the opening of a new women’s mikvah.
The event –increasingly common today with the growing popularity of mikvah use even among secular Jewish women—was particularly meaningful, happening as it did only 20 meters away from the spot where, in 1939, the Lubavitcher Rebbe’s father, Rabbi Levi Yitzchak Schneerson, was arrested for his Jewish activism.
The irony was not lost on the guests who were greeted by Denpropetrovsk’s Rabbi Shmuel Kaminetzki, and then enjoyed a guided tour of the exquisite mikvah, funded by Motti and Adina Korf and designed by Mrs. Shaina Lipskier.
Mr. Korf and Mr. Alexander Kogonovsky, who donated the construction of the building, cut the ribbon.
Mr. Zelig Brez, the director of the Jewish Community supervised the project from conception to completion.